Thursday, May 11, 2006

Thursday 11th May

I visited New Hythe between 05.30 and 06.30 this morning before I went to work. I parked again by the Water Works entrance.

A couple of Nightingales were singing near the entrance as was a Sedge Warbler. I walked up to the scrape but it was empty apart from a LBB Gull and a BH Gull. I walked across the bridge and over towards the open area but even this early I hadn't beaten the dog walkers. A Turtle Dove flew past and several Whitethroat, a Lesser Whitethroat and another Nightingale were all singing.

Over the railway and along the path by the edge of Abbey Mead - a couple more Nightingale, Willow Warbler, Blackcap and Chiffchaff all singing. As I got to Brooklands Lake I could see 3 Common Terns flying around dipping into the lake. I tried to turn one into an Artic but failed. Also c20 Swift over the paper mill. A couple of Reed Warblers were singing in the reedbed

I walked through Brooklands car park and up the Mill Stream. A Sedge Warbler was singing about half way along and a Sparrowhawk shot past carrying a bird. A last scan of the scrape and then back to the car and in work by 7.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home